This is a list of some general resources for Minecraft building, tool usage and commissions found online. Isn’t not the biggest, and may or may not be updated in the future. The links cover build teams, buying and selling, commissioning maps and more. Search online for more!
As a side note, a very good community is the Builder’s Refuge server on versions 1.12 and 1.13. It offers a wide range of tools for builders, like personal worlds, creative tools and dynamic world maps! More info on their web site. Similarly, servers like Cubed Creative may be an equally good solution. However, I’ve not tried many myself and can only say what I know. And above all, good luck!
Links to resources
- Clients looking for builders: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1joWXVIHni5u27dJkJqbTnPPc6I_R6Sv9f0_kIVOQ6sw/edit
- Your rights as a builder: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1U3ZBPaaiz6UGy-dqA0nnembfUFtyJB28TzPJUVdAmo4/edit
- Making a proper invoice: https://docs.google.com/document/d/16HTTGFDYIovpmitR60QYfrY7kvcx1KvchFbOJGBKH5U/edit
- The “MC Market” web site is a forum for builders and beyond
- “The Schematic Store” is a store for maps and map parts
- “Bucket of Crabs” gives job listings for builders and developers
- Server lobbies and maps can also be bought at thebuild.store
- The Builder’s Refuge “Build lib” provides a range of build tutorials
- Research on Minecraft town planning and build inspiration can be found by looking at the work of build teams like Block Works
- Finally, I wrote some concise notes of my own on using World Edit masks and command shortcuts: https://pastebin.com/Jh6FQXbN
Cover image: Dan Keck photography https://pixabay.com/photos/minecraft-steve-zombie-toys-sword-2183885/